How to solve poor print quality with my embosser?
This article will guide you on how to troubleshoot your embosser.
The most common cause for an issue with the printer is a tape rest stuck in the device or the trigger not activating and feeding the tape properly.
If your embosser does not feed, prints blank or dots or does not cut the tape, please follow the steps below.
- Remove the tape from the device.
- Check if there is any tape stuck in the device.
- If yes, remove it. You can use tweezers or a small paper clip to assist with clearing the jam.
- Check that the two discs align properly. On the discs, at the level of the cutting blade, you will find two arrows or a wide plastic block. These should be on top of each other. (OMEGA and XPress only)
- If not, please align the two discs correctly. Holding the top wheel of the device, turn the bottom wheel until the center of the cutter in the top aligns to the wide plastic block of the bottom wheel. There should be a click sound when the wheels are aligned correctly.
- Press the print mechanism 3 times, without tape inserted.
- Reinsert the tape.
- Make a test print.