How to clean my LabelManager?
Cleaning your LabelManager label maker is an important maintenance task to ensure optimal performance and prevent label jams. If you’re experiencing label jams, partial feeding, or subpar print quality, cleaning the device can often resolve these issues.
Please ensure that you are using DYMO Authentic tapes, as they are specifically designed to work seamlessly with our devices. Our tapes have undergone thorough testing to deliver the best printing output.
Preparing your LabelManager for the cleaning procedure
Before you proceed, take a moment to familiarize yourself with the various components of your device. If you encounter any uncertainty regarding a specific component mentioned in the guide, feel free to refer back to these diagrams. Although your printer model may vary, the tape compartment layout and steps remain the same.
To clean your device, please follow the steps explained below
- Turn off the label maker.
- Open the cartridge door to access the tape compartment.
- Remove the tape cassette.
- Dampen a cotton swab with a pure alcohol-based solution, such as isopropyl or rubbing alcohol.
- Carefully but thoroughly wipe the print head with the swab. If one side of the cotton swab becomes soiled, use a new swab.
- Inspect the rubber roller inside the tape compartment and ensure that there is no tape wrapped around it. If you find any tape wrapped around the roller, please use tweezers to carefully remove the tape. If the tape is tightly wrapped, you may need to use a scalpel or another sharp tool to split the tape and remove it effectively. Please exercise extreme caution when handling sharp objects to avoid injury or damaging the print roller.
- Use a fresh cotton swab to clean the print roller. The roller should have a rubber-like texture and appear light in color. It should have a consistent and uniform color throughout.
- To clean the blade, press and hold the cutter button while using a new cotton swab. Please be extremely careful as the blade is sharp.
- Before turning on the device and attempting to print, let the solution dry for a duration of 5 minutes.
Regularly cleaning your LabelManager, even when there are no specific issues, can help maintain its performance and prolong its lifespan. Thank you for taking the time to clean and maintain your label maker.