DYMO LabelWriter Print Server information and FAQ
LabelWriter Print Server was designed for small office or home environments where having the printer connected to multiple systems and not relying on system level printer sharing is necessary for ease of use of our LabelWriter printers.
You can find all the necessary information about how to set up DYMO LabelWriter print Server with our printers as well as frequently asked questions below.
Setting up the DYMO LabelWriter Print Server with your LabelWriter 400 – 450 printer:
2. Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into an available Ethernet connection on your router.
3. Plug the USB cable from your LabelWriter printer into the right side of the print server. Make sure that the USB cable is connected to your printer and that your printer is connected to power.
4. Plug the print server power adapter into the left side of the print server.
5. Plug the other end of the power adapter into a power outlet.
Please note: DYMO does not support setups using hubs, switches or multiple subnets. A direct connection between the printer and print server, then print server and your router is required.
The Control Center software included with your print server gives you quick access to everything that you need to configure and manage your print server. You can install the software on a computer which is connected to the network where you would like to share the printer. Please note that the Control Center is only compatible with MacOS versions up to 10.13 (High Sierra).
You can find more detailed information on the LabelWriter Print Server from the user guide by clicking: HERE
If you are unable to download or use the Control Center software, here is an article on how to configure the DYMO LabelWriter Print Server without the software, click: HERE
Frequently asked questions:
Can I connect a LabelWriter 550 series printer to a DYMO LabelWriter Print Server?
Do I need other products in order to set up the LabelWriter Print Server?
- LabelWriter 400 or 450 series printer, with their USB cables and power adapters that they came with.
- DYMO Software or drivers themselves, which you can find below:
- LabelWriter Print Server
- Standard Ethernet cable with RJ-45 connector
- Ethernet connection to your Local Area Network.
Can I connect a USB hub to the LabelWriter Print Server and connect multiple printers to it?
What is the latest firmware version and where can I find it?
You can check which version of the firmware your LabelWriter Print Server is using in the web GUI.
You can download the latest firmware by clicking: HERE
Can I print to a LabelWriter on a different gateway or subnet using the DYMO LabelWriter Print Server?
What is the difference between the LabelWriter Print Server and other print servers?
Note, DYMO LabelWriter 400 and 450 DUO are only compatible with DYMO LabelWriter Print Servers.